Re: Problem with ~ and ^

Bruce,

I'm not familiar with using afm2tfm, so I can't tell you what is wrong, but
I can tell you that the error messages in your original mail clearly showed
that the virtual fonts you were using had no character 2 or 3 (which are
the positions for the circumflex and tilde accents respectively in the T1
encoding) in them. You should be able to confirm this by looking in the VPL
files. (There should be lines beginning with `(CHARACTER' for many
characters, but none for character no. 2 or 3. The character numbers are
probably written as O 2 and O 3, or D 2 and D 2, where the letters indicate
the radix used.)

If you can't find anyone who can help you with afm2tfm then you should
probably consider using fontinst instead. It can be found in CTAN directory
fonts/utilities/fontinst.

Lars Hellström