Re: Installing MinionMM for LaTeX

Hi,

> it does seem that Adobe no longer ship the AMFM files. You *can* get
> these for download from Adobe (if you can locate them), but its very
> annoying that they fail to give the stuff by default

I am not sure about the AMFM files not shipping with the font.  I have
always gotten the AMFM/AFM files with the fonts I have purchased from
Adobe.

But if you need to get the files from their ftp server, fist go to
www.adobe.com/type and find out the package number for the particular
font (Minion MM is package 276), and then go to

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/type/mac/all/afmfiles/

And find the directory in which would contain that package number.
For instance, for Minion MM, the URL would be:

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/type/mac/all/afmfiles/276-300/

The AMFM and AFM files will be in this directory, bundled loosely,
so you will have to do some sorting.  There are a lot of files
related to Minion MM (and Minion MM Expert).

Regards,

Tom