Re: fontname postfixes

>     I dislike psfonts.map of dvips.
>
> Sorry, but I don't think there's a rational alternative.  I don't think
> it's going to be reliable/precise enough to try to parse the font names.
> It would be nice if it was, but it's not.  Sorry.  For example, for
> automatically-created expanded/condensed fonts, you're not going to know
> how much to expand/condense without reading psfonts.map.
>
> My recommendation is to steal code from dvips as needed.

I agree with Karl. Please, don't introduce any other scheme or any other
map file. Installing ps fonts is complicated enough. If you "invent" some
incompatible scheme for xdvik, things will become even more difficult.

The code for parsing psfonts.map is already there. gsftopk even reads
the same files as
  dvips -Pgsftopk
would do (i.e. it ready config.ps and *all* map files included from
there and it reads ~/.dvipsrc, ...).

Thomas