Re: How can I check for the existence of a glyph in TeX?

At 10:15 pm +0100 11/9/98, Pierre MacKay wrote:
>It wouldn't be a sure thing by a long shot, but if you set a box
>with a suspect glyph and it had zero width, it would be a good
>indication for most glyphs.

The problem with this method (which was the second thing I thought of) is
that it's no good for vfs created by fontinst: such vfs have a rulebox in
place of a `real' glyph (and a message in a \special that's displayed by
the dvi driver to warn you of the missing glyph).

Thanks for the thought,
Rowland.