Re: fontname question: supplier letter for microsoft truetype fonts

> At 03:32 PM 98/08/18 -0700, Pierre MacKay wrote:
>> Some of us, who had to develop extensive font libraries before
>> the new naming scheme got properly going, have quite a stake in
>> r... names.  Than probably won't be a problem so long as
>> Y&Y is not doing versions of classics like Bembo, Caslon,
>> Garamond, Baskerville, Times, Centaur, Goudy, etc.

> I don't get it :-). What is the connection with Y&Y here?
> They don't make TTF fonts.  They don't make MS fonts.

Obviously, Pierre must have confused several unrelated ideas that were
discussed in the same message.

fonts, I suggested using the `r' prefix (given that `b' and `e' were
already taken) for the Berthold foundry (www.bertholdtypes.com).
This has nothing to do with Y&Y nor Berthold Horn.

Hope this clarifies the matter.
Cheers, Ulrik.

P.S.  BTW, Berthold Types does indeed offer versions of classic faces
such as Baskerville, Bodoni, Caslon, or Garamond.  But even than, new
font names such as rbdr8a (Berthold Bodni) should not collide with
old font names such as rpbdr (raw Bodni by Adobe) using `r' for raw.