Re: fontname question: supplier letter for microsoft truetype fonts

    Werner> Most of them already have an appropriate name
    Werner> (e.g. Antqua[bi].ttf == Book Antiqua family from Monotype ==
    Werner> maq).

   Are the metrics for a TrueType version of a font always identical to
   those of the Type 1 version?

I must admit that I don't know since I don't own a font which is
available in both PS and TTF (well, I have a converter TTF->PS but
this is something different).  Maybe in some cases, but I doubt this
will be always so.

    Werner