Re: Accessing characters outside of OT1 or T1?

B> My recommendation would be not to use T1 or OT1 encoding.  Use LY1
B> instead (*).

I'd already implemented J"org's suggestion by the time I read this,
but I'm curious.  What does LY1 buy me over T1 & TS1, besides
not needing additional files?  I am using the Expert set fonts, so as
I understand it, I need vf's anyway.

On another note, is there any convenient way to get access to the
other characters in the expert font?  (ie, not just ligatures and
osfs, but the superior and inferior digits, etc.)

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - By consent of the corrupted
It's the thought, if any, that counts!