Re: Future of the `Karl Berry Font Naming Scheme'...

Pierre MacKay writes:
 > Call your fonts anything you want in your own private namespace, but
 > recognize that things like the KB scheme are set up not for us
 > who have virtually unlimited namespace but for the large majority
 > of users who have no such advantages.  I hate the 8+3 nonsense,

no, the scheme is to allow a *predictable* name. yes, I expect Karl
thought he was doing 8+3, but thats a side issue, IMHO.

if you name your virtual font "Times Roman With Old Style Numbers",
and I call mine "Times Roman + Old Style Numbers", we are back in the
pre-fontname chaos!

sebastian