Re: Round-off errors in metrics & fontinst/finst status...

Yannis Haralambous writes:
 > small font tables (8-bits) into a big one (16-bit). I find it crazy how
 > people are spending hours of valuable time for inventing new encodings
 > discussing on which character to fit into which encoding, how to use
 > the remaining one or two empty slots... In a 16-bit table you have room

When we all use Omega, the sun will rise every morning, no doubt. But
you can't seriously expect eg Melissa to shift to it overnight, when
its largely undocumented, largely unavailable, and largely untested?

naturally when people get TeX Live 3 with all those copies of Omega,
then they can try it :-}

sebastian