Re: sites for downloading afm-files

Jan P Glaescher <Jan.P.Glaescher@psychol.uni-giessen.de> writes
today:

>> I thought that you might know a web of ftp site where
>> I can download the matching afm-files for my psfonts of these
>> two companies, [Digital Typeface Corporation and Bitstream]
>> which I unfortunately only have in the *.pfb and *.pfm format.

I don't believe that we can do that legally.  Unlike Adobe's
AFM files, which just begin

Comment Copyright (c) 1989 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.

and which Adobe makes freely available on their Web server,
and on the Type-on-Call CD-ROMs, Bitstream is more
restrictive:

Comment Copyright 1987-1992 as an unpublished work by Bitstream Inc., Cambridge,
 MA.
Comment All rights reserved
Comment Confidential and proprietary to Bitstream Inc.
Comment Bitstream is a registered trademark of Bitstream Inc.
Notice Copyright 1987-1992 as an unpublished work by Bitstream Inc.  All rights
reserved.  Confidential.

However, Bitstream fonts are priced exceedingly reasonably,
and they offer 500+ fonts on a CD-ROM.  Details, and
addresses, can be found at

	http://www.math.utah.edu/~beebe/fonts/bitstream.html

I have no information at present about fonts from
Digital Typeface Corporation.

Nelson H. F. Beebe                  Tel: +1 801 581 5254
Center for Scientific Computing     FAX: +1 801 581 4148
Department of Mathematics, 105 JWB  Internet: beebe@math.utah.edu
University of Utah                  URL: http://www.math.utah.edu/~beebe
Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA