Nonsense map files in psfonts/urw on CTAN

Has anyone actually looked at the map currently given for URW Antiqua
and Nimbus on CTAN?

To me, it looks like some software that was supposed to auto-generate
them broke, for example for Nimbus we have two files in the dvips
directory, unm.map and unms.map, the former being empty and the latter
containing the line:

    unm*8r* NimbusRomanNo9L-Regular "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont" <8r.enc <unm*8a*.pfb

My own psfonts.map entries have something like:

    unmr8r NimbusRomanNo9L-Regular " TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc <unmr8a.pfa
    unmro8r NimbusRomanNo9L-Regular " .167 SlantFont TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc <unmr8a.pfa
    unmros8r NimbusSansL-Regular " .167 SlantFont TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc <unmrs8a.pfa
    unmrs8r NimbusSansL-Regular " TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc <unmrs8a.pfa

Similarly, while I have 12 .vf fonts for these fonts, CTAN has none at
all, and while I have 16 .tfm files, CTAN has none. Something definately
seems to have gotten broken somewhere.

Best Regards,

    Melissa.