Re: AFMs for Blue Sky CM/PS fonts...

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> Its a shame the Blue Sky font set doesn't cover the same ground
> as the BaKoMa one. It means in practice that people have to have both
> together.

just out of curiosity, what are the differences?

(we're not going to make any more, but whatever we have will
be released, eventually, and this includes a partial AMS set.)

> The next edition TeX Live CD will have the fonts on, for what its
> worth, augmented by BaKoMa as needed (including AFMs from the latter)

thanks.  imho, the "best effect" of the public availability
of these fonts is to make DVI a responsible format for publications
(and to allow PDF decent mathematics).  technically, the hinting
is -quite- noticeable with a rendering engine at screen resolutions,
but irrelevant for print resolution.  and, of course the BaKoMa fonts
are not freely distributable; wonder if that will change?

barry