Re: PostScript and single quotes

    S> i'm suspcious of your 8r.enc. can you quote the top of it?
    S> sebastian

You're right.  Thanks.  Solved.

My fontinst was seeing the correct 8r.enc.

DVIPS was seeing the wrong 8r.enc -- this was my fault.

PS2PK was seeing the wrong 8r.enc  -- this seems to be a bug in ps2pk
				      (at least the Debian version):
				      the man page says that it looks
				      for encodings in $TEXCONFIG --
                                      but it doesn't seem to work, and