Re: TS1 encoding for PS fonts

> > These warnings also get written into the `.vf' files, and then regurgitated
> > by DVIPS whenever it runs on a file that uses TS1.

Not quite.  They're only regurgitated by dvips whenever you use a
missing glyph.  In most cases this is what you want---otherwise you'd
never get any warning about missing glyphs.  Admittedly it is a bit
tedious when printing out test pages, but I think it's more important
to have a warning about a mishap than make printing test sheets easy.

Alan.