8r encoding + xdvi :-(

Hello all,

I see a problem with the new psfonts.beta, but maybe someone can help me.
The problem are the 8r encoded PS-fonts when previewing with xdvi.

ps2pk can do the reencoding, but the program needs type1 fonts which are
not (freely) available for e.g. the 35LW fonts. The .gsf files from
GhostScript do not seem to work with ps2pk.

gsftopk could be an alternative, as it can handle the .gsf fonts that
come along with GhostScript. But the reencoding of gsftopk does not
work. (I tried gsftopk-1.9)

Any ideas? (Besides buying real type1 fonts :-)

--
Thomas Esser                                 te@informatik.uni-hannover.de
Univ. of Hanover, Germany   Institute for Databases and Informationsystems