[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Problems with Longrightarrow and friends
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Problems with Longrightarrow and friends
- From: Martin Ward <Martin.Ward@durham.ac.uk>
- Date: Mon, 7 Jun 93 15:27:04 BST
- Flags: 000000000000
I have done some more experimentation with the \Longrightarrow problem.
\Longrightarrow is constructed from a normal = (which I believe comes from
the text fonts) and a \Rightarrow (from the cmsy font). These are placed
side-to-side without overlapping.
This leads to three potential problems:
(1) With the dc fonts, digitised at 300dpi, the = comes out much
thinner than the cm fonts. This means that it doesn't line up with the
Rightarrow in cmsy.
(2) There is a cmr17 but no cmsy17. At \huge or \Huge sizes, the = comes
>From cmr17 but the Rightarrow comes from a scaled cmsy10. At these sizes,
the symbols no longer match.
(3) The Rightarrow and the = have slightly rounded ends to their horizontal
bars. If these are abutted without overlapping, the result has one or more
missing pixels in the horizontal bars.
A quick fix for (3) is to replace \joinrel in the definition of
\Longrightarrow, \Longleftarrow, Longleftrightarrow, etc. by \overlaprel
which is defined:
\joinrel is defined:
I don't have fixes for (1) and (2), can anyone help?
Enclosed is a file which illustrates the problem.
JANET: Martin.Ward@uk.ac.durham Internet (eg US): Martin.Ward@durham.ac.uk
or if that fails: Martin.Wardfirstname.lastname@example.org
or even: Martin.Ward%DURHAM.AC.UK@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
BITNET: Martin.Ward%durham.ac.uk@UKACRL UUCP:...!uknet!durham!Martin.Ward
% Also try with [11pt] and [12pt].