sauter fonts 2.0 available

I've updated my distribution of John Sauter's Metafont files
to make Computer Modern fonts at any point size.

You can get version 2.0 by ftp from

  ftp.cs.umb.edu:pub/tex/sauter.tar.z

Please notice the `.z' instead `.Z' -- I am now using gzip instead of
compress.  See below for a blurb about gzip.

This release makes the sauter fonts match the AMS ``extracm'' fonts
(cmbsy5-9, cmcsc8-9, cmex7-9, cmmib5-9).  Thus, the TFM files do not
match those of previous release, hence the incremented major version number.

For all of the standard Computer Modern fonts, these files produce the
same TFM files as Knuth's sources.  So it is ok to call the output from
these `cm...'.

Besides the Computer Modern and the Glonti/Samarin Cyrillic, the
distribution also includes Sauter parameter files for the LaTeX symbol
fonts, contributed by Friedrich Haubensak.

The distribution includes an lfonts.tex for LaTeX and a MakeTeXPK for
dvips which take advantage of these fonts, as well as an NFSS fontdef.sau.

Let me know if you have questions or suggestions.

karl@cs.umb.edu
Member of the League for Programming Freedom---write to lpf@uunet.uu.net.

Distribution information: You can get LaTeX from
rusmv1.rus.uni-stuttgart.de and dvips from
labrea.stanford.edu:pub/dvips*.  (Alternatively, you can get
ftp.cs.umb.edu:pub/tex/dvipsk.tar.z, which is a version of dvips I have
modified to use the same font searching code as TeX, the GNU font
utilities, and my modified xdvi.)

Information about gzip:

gzip is faster and compresses better than compress.  In addition to its
technical virtues, it is not subject (so far) to any (alleged) software
patents.  Here is an extract from the README file:

> gzip is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
> the terms of the GNU General Public License, a copy of which is
> provided under the name COPYING. The latest version of the gzip
> sources can always be found in prep.ai.mit.edu:/pub/gnu/gzip-*.tar*
> or any of the prep mirror sites. An MSDOS lha self-extracting exe is in
> hal.gnu.ai.mit.edu:/tmp/gzip*.exe.

Instead of prep, I suggest you get gzip from one of the following less
heavily loaded servers:
	Asia: ftp.cs.titech.ac.jp, utsun.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp:/ftpsync/prep,
	  cair.kaist.ac.kr:/pub/gnu
	Australia: archie.oz.au:/gnu (archie.oz or archie.oz.au for ACSnet)
	Europe: src.doc.ic.ac.uk:/gnu, ftp.informatik.tu-muenchen.de,
	  ftp.informatik.rwth-aachen.de:/pub/gnu, nic.funet.fi:/pub/gnu,
	  ugle.unit.no, isy.liu.se, ftp.stacken.kth.se, ftp.win.tue.nl,
	  ftp.denet.dk, ftp.eunet.ch, nic.switch.ch:/mirror/gnu,
	  archive.eu.net, irisa.irisa.fr:/pub/gnu
	United States: wuarchive.wustl.edu, ftp.cs.widener.edu,
	  uxc.cso.uiuc.edu, col.hp.com:/mirrors/gnu,
          gatekeeper.dec.com:/pub/GNU, ftp.uu.net:/systems/gnu

For more information about software patents,
please email me or lpf@uunet.uu.net.