[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: fontnames for Bitstream Univers
- To: "tex-fonts" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: fontnames for Bitstream Univers
- From: Rebecca and Rowland <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 19:25:41 +0000
- In-Reply-To: <199811280110.BAA70096@out1.ibm.net>
>On Thu, 26 Nov 1998 09:53:16 -0500 (EST), Karl Berry wrote:
>> This does, however, not work with fontinst, because fontinst
>> will not accept both "c" (black) and "x" (extra black). As a
>> workaround I suggest to rename ExtraBlack to "bunu" (ultra
>> black), despite its internal name.
>>Better to fix fontinst than munge the name, I think.
>I cannot imagine how to "fix" fontinst for any arbitrary
>"term of boldness" that might occur in the internal FontName.
>I'd rather map it to the series know in LaTeX (b, eb, ub).
The thing about this is that LaTeX only `knows' two weights: \bfseries
selects bx, \mdseries selects m, and that's it AFAIK. Everything else is
an optional and relatively arbitrary extra.