From: Thierry Bouche
To: fontinst@cogs.susx.ac.uk
Sent: 02/10/98 10:53
Subject: RE: rounding problems

 For anyone who's wondering why the code does this in the first place,
it's
 because otherwise you get overflow errors by multiplying a dimen by a
 scalefactor > 1000 (TeX doesn't support fp multiplication, you have to
 multiply by an int then divide by another int).

That's one of TeX's features that make me sometimes wonder whether TeX
was
really the language of choice for a software like fontinst...

Thierry Bouche, Grenoble.