Re: Misplaced code

 >> Another class of candidates for right boundary character is the ligatures.
 >> As fi, fl, ff, ffi, and ffl are only formed by ligatures (AFAIK), they do
 >> never occur as the next character at any ligkern step, hence it would be
 >
 >This depends, certainly not in the general case.

 I which case isn't it? Certainly you can typeset them through a \char
 command, but doing that inside a word is at least as silly as putting a
 questiondown there.

i know at least one such example: you copy and paste from another
application (Acroread, e.g.) and use a TeX font with the system coding
for ligatures. That would be rather bad to have suddenly boundary
kerns/ligs appearing in that case!

Thierry Bouche, Grenoble.