[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: mathptm + cmex9
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: mathptm + cmex9
- From: Ulrik Vieth <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 11:09:02 +0200
- CC: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <199807010847.KAA27457@regulus.informatik.uni-hannover.de>(message from Thomas Esser on Wed, 1 Jul 1998 10:47:29 +0200 (METDST))
>> I just tested it: Although the CHARHT and CHARDP is the same,
>> CHARWD differs by as much as 0.3pt. I'm afraid we can't change it
>> it mathptm due to the requirement for metrics compatibilitiy, but
>> it shouldn't be a problem for mathptmx.
> Argh... Well, just a different idea: does metafog work with the the
> cmex9 font? If yes, we might ask Taco Hoekwater...
You could try, but I suppose converting a cmex font is more difficult
than a normal font. Taco's article in the recent MAPS mentioned an
estimate of one day per font and a long list of fonts still to be
done. I don't know how quickly he would respond to your request.
> Its just too bad that mathptm does not work with pdftex (at least
> not without the bakoma fonts).
Yes, but you could tell people to use mathptmx instead as an improved
version of mathptm.
I've just a prepared a patch for mathptmx:
Sebastian: Could this be installed on CTAN:fontinst/examples/mathptmx?
This patch changes two things:
- it now uses cmex10 scaled 900 instead of cmex9
- it changes the family name to "ztmcm" instead of "ptmcm"
to resolve conflichts between "mathptm" and "mathptmx"