Re: A question about spacing

Rebecca and Rowland wrote:
> The space parameter is the same in both cases, but the  stretch, shrink,
> and extraspace parameters are markedly different.
>
> The minor differences in xheight and quad are most likely due to rounding
> errors.
>
> Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Er, OK this is my fault.  I can't remember the syntax of my own file
formats.  Try replacing dostretch.mtx by:

\relax

\metrics

\ifisint{stretchword}\then\setint{fontdimen(3)}{\int{stretchword}}\fi
\ifisint{shrinkword}\then\setint{fontdimen(4)}{\int{shrinkword}}\fi
\ifisint{extraspace}\then\setint{fontdimen(7)}{\int{extraspace}}\fi

\endmetrics

then it'll work:

(FONTDIMEN
   (PARAMETER D 1 R 0.0)