[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: fontinst-1.8
- From: Ulrik Vieth <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 10:56:06 +0200
- In-reply-to: <1354-Mon29Jun1998234140firstname.lastname@example.org> (messagefrom Sebastian Rahtz on Mon, 29 Jun 1998 23:41:40 +0100)
> um, fontinst.sty is empty at present. should it say \input
> xfontinst.sty or \input ofontinst.sty?
Well, fontinst.sty was supposed to be a symbolic link pointing to
ofontinst.sty, but that doesn't seem to work on non-Unix platforms
and becomes an empty file somehow. I realize that this was a bad
idea, so I went back to generating fontinst.sty and xfntinst.sty
directly from fontinst.dtx (forget about ofontinst.sty).
The xfntinst stuff is only intended for non-standard expert fonts
such as the URW/Softmaker fonts, in which case the only way to get
oldstyle digits is from a real small caps font.
I was just about to put out a new release of fontinst-1.8 anyway,
including two versions of mathptm and mathptmx.
Should I upload the stuff to UK CTAN or do you want to fetch it
from here? In any case, I think it's time now to replace Alan's
really old version.