Re: fontinst with 8y.etx

At 4:11 pm +0200 11/6/98, Thierry Bouche wrote:
>I'm trying to generalize the audience of this debate.
[snip]

>Well, does there exist something working proprely on unices, macoses &
>windowses95-99/Nt?
>Doesn't that whole question seem surrealistic to you, talking of some
>_portable_ doc format???!!

>From what I gather, reading various posts here and there about Acrobat
Reader, different versions of the reader for different platforms develop
apparently arbitrary bugs which then disappear in a later version.  I think
some people have suggested that the bug level is constant, and there's no
one solution that deals with all the bugs.

[snip]
>but y&y doesn't put its ton of LY1 TFMs on CTAN, and they don't
>conform to karl berry names?

I suspect Y&Y would be happy to have its LY1 tfms on CTAN if you asked; as
it is, Y&Y has made a full set of LY1 tfms available on its own web server.

True, the names aren't `fontname' compliant (horrid phrase), but is this
such a bad thing?

[snip]

Rowland.